« Excellent keyboard master »Publié le 02/14/11 à 10:24
Pitch and modulation wheels to the left of the keyboard.
USB connector, MIDI out, pedal / footswitch and external power.
Display blue (3 x 7 segments).
16 knobs, 16 buttons recalls preset, 4 buttons zone on / off.
It has aftertouch.
Configuration Software E-MU Xboard Control comprehensive, its strong point.
It can be powered with an AC adapter, handy if you play only with the expanders (adapter not included).
The key is very pleasant, synth-style, soft and firm at the time. Of course it depends on the tastes you must try.
Obviously this is not a keyboard heavy. I have other brands of keyboards and much more expensive and whose keyboard is less well ...
There are some very interesting features on this keyboard that I can not find for example on the Edirol PCR:
- By pressing a switch, potentiometers pass mode volume, 1 per midi channel, very handy for mixing.
- There are 4 areas (split) keyboard, configurable and above a button on / off zone by zone and a button on / off general: very handy for cutting sound during play
- The software is very comprehensive, you can set many things: midi channel, aftertouch, Pedal, velocity etc. in each area, program change channel, velocity curves, sliders, etc. ... so on.
- You can save the setup with a clear name and is instantly recalled by pressing one of the 16 keys without having to make complicated manipulation: brilliant live, you press a button and presto, you're on the midi channels going well and everything is sent to other keyboards and sound modules, program change etc. ...
- Possibility of latch notes.
-The amendments made by the software are taken into account in real-time PCR to thwart such or must be load.
the manual is pretty clear, but it primarily uses software ...
Very good value for money.
Only negative point: everything is in plastic but they are almost all like that now.
The potentiometers are not graded.
The master volume does not work with my expanders, which must be too old and do not understand this command ...