Nektar Panorama P6
Nektar announce Panorama P6, a 61 note USB MIDI controller keyboard with the same Reason integration as their Panorama P4.
Like the P4, the Panorama P6 features 4 modes that allow the user to switch between Mixer, Instrument and Transport mode and a 4th Internal mode with 20 user presets each configurable for control of external hardware, ReWired DAW's or other software.
A motorized fader, solo and mute buttons are designed to give channel control in every mode as does the extended transport buttons with 11 functions. 16 encoders, 9 faders and 9 LED buttons do most of the controlling with parameters and values displayed on the TFT display. All assignable buttons including the 11 function keys and 12 pads can be setup to send MIDI messages or QWERTY macros, a Panorama idea where up to 8 computer keyboard shortcuts can be sent. In addition the Panorama P6 features a 61 note velocity sensitive semi-weighted keyboard with after touch, pitch bend, modulation wheel, MIDI out, foot switch and expression pedal sockets.
Panorama P6 also includes changes such as:
- Re-designed Kong, ReDrum and Dr OctoRex interfaces for beat creation including colored graphic pads on the TFT display and drum parameters selectable by hitting the corresponding pad.
- Kong pad 1 can now be triggered via the foot switch socket.
- New mixer channel signal indicators show if a signal is present for any of the 8 channels visible on Panorama's Mixer view.
- New Transport mode with icons showing status for click, Q-record, cycle and pre-count. A button for quantize has also been added along with some re-organization that eliminated the need for another menu level to access some functions.
- A Looper addition to Transport mode. With the looper active the pads act as an array of loop markers automatically set across a Reason song at an adjustable loop length. Hitting a pad will move Reason's Left and Right locator points to the positions corresponding to the pad. Pressing Panorama's “Go to Left marker” button will move playback to the new position. The Looper lets you navigate Reason while building up a composition from Panorama.
- New Randomize function. Inspired by Reason's own ability to randomize loop devices such as Matrix and ReDrum, this function now allows the randomization of device parameters that are currently in view on Panorama's display.
- Formatting of Reason parameter values that are not formatted by the application including EQ and Dynamics parameters.
- View of F-keys assignments when the F-keys shift button is pressed.
- Increased pad sensitivity.
- Presets and map changes assignable to any button so it's possible to recall a preset or map. Options for assigning next or previous are also available with the new default assignment of the Patch- and Patch+ buttons carrying out this function.
- Secondary encoder curve assignment to be triggered by the PB-buttons. This allows switching between an acceleration curve and a new linear option.
In addition Panorama is regularly updated to include support for the latest Reason Rack Extensions. A Downloadable update containing all the additions and improvements will be available to existing and new registered Panorama users from mid December 2012.
Pricing & Availability:
Panorama P6 is shipping in December 2012 at a MSRP price of USD 659.99 / Euro529.99 / GBP419.99. Nektar anticipate a street price of USD599.99 / Euro479.99 / GBP369.99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- ExtornoTechs updates V-Raxtor to v22.214.171.1241 ExtornoTechs updates V-Raxtor to v126.96.36.1991.
- 9 Soundware Releases 1.316 Seconds 9 Soundware releases 1.316 Seconds.
- Steinberg Neo Soul Keys Steinberg released Neo Soul Keys, the latest addition to their range of Virtual Studio Technology (VST) instruments.