M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

88-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Keystation series.

afterglow479 afterglow479
Publié le 09/27/08 à 09:45
I got this thing a couple years ago because I wanted another MIDI controller for my little synth station. I mostly got it because of the cheap price for the amount of features it has. As for connections, you have a standard MIDI connection and also a power cable. There aren't any sound banks on this so you aren't going to have any audio inputs or outputs. The other nice thing about this is that you can use it to control parameters on software using the faders, buttons, and panpots on this thing. It also has a digital LCD display to make it easier to navigate your selections.

The action on this keyboard is very mediocre. It definitely doesn't really feel like a piano, but the keys are weighted so it's slightly more realistic to play than your average keyboard. This works a little bit to its disadvantage though, because in my opinion they over-weighted, and it becomes difficult to play something light and soft and have the velocity values that it outputs properly represent the performance. It is very easy to set up - just get it going into your USB port on your computer and install the drivers if you need to. The channel/patch selection is very easy - there are plenty of buttons other than the piano keys to handle all of that. The manual goes over everything in a little detail, so it's sufficient to get a good working knowledge of the keyboard.

I've had this for a couple years. I mostly like the fact that it's a full 88 keys - I hate having to use octave scrollers. Obviously the price was a great benefit, and the extra software controllers are nice. It also has worked in good condition and nothing has broken on it. The thing that mainly disappoints me is the action on the keys, they are okay, but definitely feel kind of clunky and cheap. It's a very good value for the price, though. I would get it again.