Roland A-80
Roland A-80

88-Key MIDI Keyboard from Roland belonging to the A series.

DreamingOfAWurlitzer DreamingOfAWurlitzer

« Just wonderful »

Published on 10/13/15 at 07:22
Audience: Advanced Users
I bought my A-80 nearly 2 years ago, works like a dream. The best electronic keys I've ever played on. The guy I bought it from had been using it in his studio (pro) for years. I'm using it mostly in my home-studio and about once a month on gigs. Takes two to carry (30 kg and then comes the flightcase...), but for a 4-hour gig it's become a must to me. Using a Nord Electro 61 as sound-system, plays piano (and organ...) just wonderful. The keys are as mentioned a dream to play on, there are enough real-time controllers for my use and it never fails (knock on wood..). The display and concept of programming is a blast from the past, but once you've got a grip on it you don't mind. My only worry is what can possibly replace this wonderful thing when it one day has to go.;)