Auralex Mopad
afterglow479 afterglow479
Publié le 09/27/08 à 09:52
I have been using these for about one year. I read a little blurb about them in a magazine and was intrigued. At one of my mix stations I have to keep a small pair of monitors sitting on the desk because there isn't really enough room for speaker stands. Because of that, the bass gets all messed up, and the stereo imaging is damaged. I was skeptical because I'd tried sticking towel pieces under the speakers, and it didn't really do anything. When I eventually picked up a pair of these after hearing good things, I was very pleasantly surprised. First, they are pretty versatile. You can angle them to be flat, pointed up, and pointed down depending on where your speakers are going to be relative to your ears in your mix spot, which is very helpful because I definitely needed the speakers angled up a little bit. They are also a spaced pair per speaker, so that basically means it's going to be a one size fits all solution. In my case the speakers were pretty small, so I just used them right next to each other. Immediately after getting them all set up, there was a big difference. Bass guitars were much more clear and present. The bass just seemed much more centered and defined, whereas previously the bottom end was more of just a mushy presence of low end. In the upper end and mids, the imaging also seemed generally improved, such that I felt I could pinpoint locations more easily. I can definitely say that this is some of the best money ever spent in improving a small mix location. These pads are very cheap, and they work great. If you're desk mounting speakers or have them in some other unfortunate situation, you're going to want to pick up a pair of these. I would definitely get them again.