Eko BA4/N
teuzibon teuzibon

«  As it is in fact more »

Published on 04/07/13 at 11:56
I bought this acoustic bass to be able to take it anywhere and not necessarily the instrument work out the big guns. What guided my choice are reviews found on the net, the vintage and quirky (what look!), And also because it has been used on videos Cure (The Caterpillar, ...) that which for me gives a little historical side not unpleasant. It was made in 1979 in Italy, according to the serial number.

I tried a few modern electro-acoustic, but ... Eko out of the lot, by far. The violin, first, is really nice, nothing to do with the current Asian productions. Mahogany, rosewood, ... Small problem, however: one of the marks on the edge of the button is not located in the right box! My bass had to be made on a Monday or Friday ... Those who understand an Italian bike.

More seriously, it is a fretless, but the locations are marked frets. The handle is big enough, but still playable, the box is huge and has a retractable picnic because you can play this bass vertically in fact rather sitting, like a cello.

In this position, the sound is more powerful (remember that initially, it is a pure acoustic) because the body is not in contact, the vibrations of the body are not stifled. This is one of the best acoustic bass sounds I heard, even compared to gear worth 4 or 5 times its price. Very close to the bass in the midrange, warm, round, woody. Suddenly, the flat wound strings seem more consistent. My bass was equipped with a piezo sensor when purchasing, which I know the brand, but the rendering is excellent amplified.

Low character, original to look deliciously 60's, I think we'll go a long way together, and my ritale me ...