Tanglewood TW155 A/Bass

«  Charming! »

Published on 04/29/14 at 07:49
- Solid Spruce selected
- Mahogany back and sides
- One piece mahogany neck, 20 frets.
- Marks abalone fingerboard
- Grover
- Satin finish
- Equipped with a B-Band EQ A3TY (integrated tuner), tuning the bass, mid, treble and presence.

All assembled in China (for that price, do not dream!)

The build quality is quite good, the finishes are more than adequate. More for the quality of the wood is not really gross. I put 7/10 because it's still made in China.

The handle is really excellent, everything on its bearings. A slight downside regarding access the last two frets that require a slight twist of the hand, but it's still playable.

The interface is excellent, the body may seem imposing at first, but remains comfortable during the game

Its main strength lies in its powerful sound, unlike many of the same low price where one is obliged to attack as a porcasse plectrum to be heard, this bass sounds live, either fingers or plectrum.
In acoustics, the sound is very clear, very defined highs, they do not drown in a sea of ​​low frequencies. Serious sound great, this is due to the size of the soundboard. Level mediums that a little fishing, bass frequencies are too top for my taste.
Sound power level can easily play with two acoustic guitars side and still be heard.

As soon as one branch, it sounds too. Be careful to lower the bass, it vibrates very fast and very loud! The electronics is friendly and does a good job. But I much prefer the acoustic sound.

I use it for 4 years now, and I'm still satisfied.

I tried other low almost the same price, it remains well above the other!

What I like most: The look, sound serious very round and well defined.
What I like least: Not much can be its lack of mediums, but it remains a personal taste.

With hindsight I would do this choice without hesitation. Among all of its low price it is the best, almost no other sound, and sends this one!