< Tous les avis Guvnor GA500CE
Guvnor GA500CE
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Published on 11/04/08 at 05:19
(Originally written by jetlag/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

I just received my guitar so I'll start this review with my first impression and I will update my review later. This review, in which I obviously consider the value for money of the guitar, expresses my personal opinion only.
You can read the features of the guitar here:

- Spruce top, sapele wood neck, back and sides, abaloid rosette inlay
- Rosewood fingerboard
- AC 50 preamp with 4-band EQ
- Original rosewood bridge
- Chrome machine heads

Good quality for the price. The guitar looks surprisingly nice compared to competitors in the same price range.

My first impression regarding the neck is excellent but I must say that I have a pathological relation with guitars (as in "insane collector") so I tend to adapt easily. The neck feels comfortable and fast, the access to the upper frets is easy thanks to the venetian shaping.
It's a pretty light classic venetian dreadnought guitar.
The acoustic sound is also surprising! The mid and high frequencies are good, the low end is rather poor (I'll have to use the EQ) and the resonance is really good. It produces rich overtones and reacts to both fingers and pick. I'll review later its performance when plugged. I give it 8/10 because of the poor bass response

Update: I confirm the weak bass response and I'll have to change the grade: 7/10

I play blues, rock and pop music. The guitar will be alright for unplugged sessions. I give it 8/10 for the unplugged sound.

I will play it with a PV Valveking head (surprised?) feeding 1936 and 1922 Marshall cabinets. I think the amp's bright control will give perfect results (to be confirmed).

After a couple of hours: I love the lutherie and the look, the mid frequencies, the resonance and the sustain.
Good value for money compared to the Blueridge, Cort, Lag, mid-range Ovations, Fender, Young Chang, etc. I could test.

I hope my experience will be useful for you and I'll get back to you soon with an update.

Update: The piezo inside the body came off I have to send the guitar back to the workshop for repair (5-year warranty, it's awesome).