Ibanez AEG10E
Ibanez AEG10E
MGR/finger pickin good MGR/finger pickin good

« Ibanez AEG10BK »

Published on 12/08/01 at 15:00
I had a beautiful Vantage guitar that fell and cracked down the face when my strap popped. I started visiting local guitar shops and found this beautiful Ibanez. Retail price was 499.00 I got it for 299.00 new at a discount guitar shop.

First of all, it a an easy fit. Real comfortable to hold and play (especially for us girls). The tone is oh sooo sweet for being a thin body guitar...but that is probably because it was made for performing with large instruments. The body is made for it to be heard.
The Fishman pick up is very sweet as well with a nice bass boost button. The neck is an easy play...you don't lose tone or clarity riding up the fret board towards the cut out. I was in love with this thing after just a few hours. The abalone inlay is gorgeous.

So far there is no complaints. One warning aabout something not very serious, think twice about High Gloss Black Finishes, they show every mark and finger print.

Spruce Top and Mahagony sides and back give it sweet tone. I have had other guitarist hear it and ask to play around with it. The only word I keep coming up with is sweet. The tone has a beautiful clarity to it. The Detailing adds class. They don't use bone for the neck joint. It's something called Ivorette I think. I can tell a small difference with the string pick up and individual tone clarity.

This guitar would be great for a beginner because of price, but would also be excellent for the advanced guitarist because of looks, feel and sound.