Seagull S6+ CW Cedar LR Baggs
Seagull S6+ CW Cedar LR Baggs
lorenzino lorenzino
Publié le 12/05/09 à 08:41
While the Seagull was made in Canada (which is what is written in the guitar, no reason to doubt, but since I knew that Robert Godin had opened ORKSHOPS the U.S., so I do not know if they are still made in the small village of La Patrie). Rosewood neck and bridge, not stick thin, nor too big for most hands, from what I could see lending it to friends.

As I said above, the handle will fit the majority, even if some brands are thinner handles.
Regarding weight, we do not really feel the preamp, it is light enough to handle.

The shape is that of a D, but with cutaway, congestion is not a problem to reach most of the notes. Of course, we can perhaps at the cost of contortions to play all the strings by the cutaway, but it suits me more, I just read that 90% of the guitarist does not venture higher than boxes 12/14.

Pure acoustics, the sound became a marvel. The solid cedar has dramatically changed the sound, deep bass is desired, the medium presents, but not too much, and treble (with Elixir strings) are crystalline. But what astonishes all those who played it, it's good presence and definition of bass. At one of the musicians with whom I had the opportunity to play, I proposed an electric Squier Telecaster, Godin or Multiac Duet that I use, but he preferred to keep the Seagull.

Already, the acoustic sounds appropriate to me alright, but electro is the foot. No background noise, not even this slight breath when you go up the treble ...

I managed to get just about the sounds I research when I bought it in 1993, she was not very widespread, and now there are models with Godin Quantum preamp. I must admit I was surprised to see this change in preamp, because the preamp LRBaggs was transparent, we climbed the bass, or treble, and could be heard immediately. Besides, when I use it to record videos for YouTube, or even live with my buddies, I do not have to go low, mid or treble thoroughly. And she immediately finds its place among the other instruments.
I do not know if Seagull S6 Cedar still built LRBAggs top, with ribs and back in cherry and mahogany neck (I think now the maple neck is silver), but I found the almost perfect combination.
I have even had to climb ropes Nylons special guitars Folks, make conceerts with my Seagull, and I was asked "is that, Takamine you?" (True story). Admittedly, our repertoire was made up to 80% of Bossa Novas.
With these special nylon string guitar Folks, I played for 3 years in several cities, never a word about the sound of my guitar if that were to speak well.
I play on power mixer (2x85watts with 2 2x125watts HPS), and the sound of the Seagull, released by two speakers, the sound makes me think that one has with a transistor, then with a stereo. I no longer play on the amp because its not just that the location of the amp, while the 2 HPs with my console, the sound "comes from everywhere." And as I said above, no background noise when I turn up the sound of my Seagull.

I use it since 1993 as it looks 16 years, and I do not sell for anything (maybe I exaggerate, but I would separate with a hard, it was my first good guitar).
Before buying it, I intended to buy a Takamine, and I hesitated even to take a Takamine nylon strings or steel strings. I tried several other guitars. But when I tried this one, the seller, who, before being a seller for me was a buddy, said "this one, it will surprise you!" And yes, I am left with, even without pay (I came later).
What I like most is the sound it has, as in electro acoustics. The quality / price was not unusual, especially at this time (for the same price today, I can have 2 electros not too bad, I did not know its price in francs, and I heard a seller to offer 960 euros, largely with the preamp before LRBaggs).
Since I have, I have never regretted having bought it, quite the contrary. Because of the different tours with the band I was playing when I only had this guitar, it shows she has lived, but no influence on the noise level, we see just that it's far from being a new guitar ... Those who know better do not make cases, others are amazed by its sound.
If I had the same opportunity, I would do the same choice without problems.