Takamine TAN10C
Takamine TAN10C
srvmac srvmac

«  A beautiful guitar but ... »

Publié le 08/23/10 à 04:16
Made in Japan, with amplifier type TCO Dreadnought 1R (on my model).

Channel:

Channel pleasant but a little thicker at the bottom a Martin or Taylor. I find it comfortable but pass over the thumb is not always easy when you move the 7th box (depending on the hands of each).

Easy Access acute down because the skirt is cut.

FLAT PICKING clearly a guitar. I find it does not sound enough for acoustic finger picking.

For sound. It takes at least 2 years for the guitar sounds less stiff and more. It becomes comfortable from some playing time in fact.

In acoustics: I dislike more than that. It may very balanced (too) flat and neutral. It does not really sing and some personality.

on the other hand, beautiful harmonics in the wood, sustain "in" the guitar (if you stick your ear on the bar, we hear a lot of shades).

Unfortunately, we do not find this effect outside of the acoustic instrument. Too much too little volume and projection. The mild but little power indeed. Its very round table with Cedar.

Hype: This is another world:)

We find this both a character to Takamine. The preamp tube works perfectly. Lots of power and heat. A clean and versatile settings. It can get loud in the treble if you push too Eq. The cool tube allows good catches of his (I put a microphone in front of studio and uses the integrated preamp and more on a second track, the effect of guaranteed depth).

I've had a little over 2 years. I tried the Seagull, Ibanez and Yamaha but the Takamine is a favorite. Nuanced afterwards because she did not plan enough in pure acoustic sound. It was quickly covered by the voices of people at a party with friends for example, or outdoors. There is no power.

on the other hand, once connected, is happiness. This is clearly an electric guitar. Prefer a real acoustic (without preamp) to play at home and / or finger-picking.

Live, it will do wonders with his preamp effective.

Warning: the only real flaw for me a very fragile because of satin varnish (no protection against bumps and snags, however small, this guitar brand instantly).

I do not do it again this election and wait to buy a Martin D28 or Gibson Jumbo (J200).

Meanwhile, it suits me perfectly electro only. It's a shame it is not as well-in acoustics. Surely it will age very well with its solid wood and quality.