Washburn EA26
Washburn EA26
props props
Publié le 12/16/07 à 05:18
From the time I had to post an opinion on this little gem (unfortunately longer marketed).

Made in Chicago ...
Spruce top, back, sides and mahogany neck.
Rosewood
Rosette and abalone inlays
Grover Rotomatic
Fishman transducer and preamp Equis Gold with 4-band EQ, phase switch and control anti larsen
Mine (pictured above) is black with ivory binding.

This is what can be called a beautiful guitar ... I love especially the mother of pearl inlays, the magnificent rose window and fine binding completed. The Grover have good resistance to the tuning. I ride 12-53 Elixir strings.

Comes with a nice case and croco marmoset particularly popular with cats :-)

The handle is very nice, relatively flat, with a touch of good quality and low action, all the chords go flawlessly. Access to treble is very good, the solos go up high! The overall ease of playing is also great, helped also by its thin body. It's a very guitar-oriented scene.

In pure acoustic, it's a little side bass fishing. Blame it on the half box of course. As against the specter of acute / high mids is splendid, both warm and brilliant, as often in Washburn. Amplified, the accuracy of the sound, identified by the Equis preamp, is remarkable, I have often climb to the overdrive. It corrects the sound with the EQ and notch, which allows to titillate Feedback and frankly it holds up, Voodoo Child is not far. Again her presence on stage is remarkable, especially in the high end.

I have about 10 years. I like its aesthetics, its crystal clear sound and accurate, his game comfortable for a lot of quirks (besides Craig Chaquico is not shy). If her style does not fit all, what it does it does it divinely, here!
I do not know if I would do that choice under the present conditions, much water has flowed since ... But it's a choice I definitely do not regret it, it still spoils my (and Bob Dylan by the way)

Question value for money, when I see what is needed today to bring you the same thing ...

So it's a 10/10 subjective of course, but fully assumed! :-)