(Originally written by PanoraMics/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Quality of big systems like the 100, which I have tested and worked with. I tested them before buying them.
For professional audio, post-production and as main monitors.
- Very linear frequency response, one of the best in this price range.
- Very good and detailed stereo imaging if the room acoustics are also good. Which actually applies to every monitoring system.
- Very clear sound along the whole frequency spectrum. Low frequencies are VERY accurate and not overemphasized. Sometimes I work with them 11 or 12 hours straight and I don't get tired (wchich isn't the case with Genelecs, Dynaudios or NHTs).
- 14 months ago.
- Closed enclosures. Superb finish. The main disadvantage is the after sale service. Before you buy them check how your local distributor works! Because I had to send a 66 lb. speaker to England for repair.
And considering the price of the speaker it was impossible to get a replacement speaker while it was being repaired.
- I have tested and worked with lots of other brands: Genelec, NHT, Dynaudio.
- Good value for money.
- I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
- Last comment: lousy packaging: A simple cardboard box with polystyrene chips and some foam on the top and the bottom. The cardboard box was torn to pieces when I got them and I had to check if the membranes were not damaged before signing off the delivery. It was almost a miracle that they arrived in one piece! Unfortunately I didn't notice that one of the speakers was damaged. You can surely imagine how pissed I was considering how much they cost! And of course, this damage wasn't covered by any insurance...
Take all this into account before you choose this product.