Event Electronics 20/20 p

All user reviews for the Event Electronics 20/20 p

Active Monitor from Event Electronics belonging to the 20/20 series.

( 4.5/5 based on 2 reviews )
  • AudioArtistAudioArtist

Good Quality for the Price

Event Electronics 20/20 pPublished on 09/18/12 at 12:50
    The Event 20/20's are powered monitors that perform very well for what they are.
    They have a acceptably smooth response and actually pack a little bit of low-end punch for monitors in their class.
    I've used them for mixing primarily in home studio settings. The resulting mixes have translated fairly well to other monitors and have yielded some decent masters.
    I personally would not recommend using these for mastering.

The Event 202/20's stereo imaging is adequate assuming that they are properly set up and your listening environment is properly treated.
    The dynamics are well respected especially in the 3kHz and above range.
    The larger woofers used in the 20/20's are perh…
    I personally would not recommend using these for mastering.

The dynamics are well respected especially in the 3kHz and above range.
    The larger woofers used in the 20/20's are perhaps their best and worst attribute. The low-end that is so obviously missing from other monitors in this price range is well represented with the 20/20's. It comes at a cost though, the 750Hz-2kHz range is a bit blurry, not unusably so yet it is still a detriment overall. 2kHz and above frequencies are represented very well and the 20/20's are an excellent choice for situations that demand high-end clarity.
    Overall, I really cannot call the frequency response of the 20/20's "flat". They are not. They do offer a better low-end than many comparable monitors and they are not so tragically im-balanced as to be unusable. With plenty of time to "learn" these monitors and become adjusted to dealing with their small quirks, you could do some good work with them.

The Event 20/20's really have a solid and acurate low-end response that is missing from other monitors in their class and price range. The high-end is equally if not more so well represented. Their only failing is a somewhat blurry mid-range, and that can be very deceptive in really nailing down a mix where finite adjustments and balancing of the mid-range is essential.
    Value vs. Price? - Buy them used and buy them cheap. They are very well suited for the home studio but I would never expect to see these used often in a pro setting other than as a secondary or third string comparison monitor.
    The Lows and the Highs are both precise enough to acheive some decent mixes, but yet again, it is the mid-range that suffers a bit. They are fairly "colored" but they are easy on the ears. I could easily sit down for a 2 hour session with these monitors before needing to give my ears a break.
    The Event 20/20's stack up well with other monitors in their class and price range, but again, unless you get them at a steal...save your money for something better.
  • moosersmoosers

Event Electronics 20/20 pPublished on 04/08/09 at 11:19
    The Event Electronics 20/20 are a set of active studio monitors. They are fairly large, and since they are powered they do not need an external power amplifier. I have used these monitors for listening back and recording in a home studio. I have never used them for mixing, so I can't speak to how well they work for that application, but they have worked well for what I have used them for. They have a pretty basic look to them, and even though they are somewhat big, they aren't extremely heavy and are movable.

The sound quality of the Event Electronics 20/20 monitors is pretty full across the spectrum. They provide a pretty accurate sound and definitely have satisfactory stereo imaging, while the dynamics are accurate and respected. They are fairly large and have a pretty good low end response, which is rare for monitors that are this cheap. Like I stated before, I have only used these for monitoring while recording and they work great for this, but since I have never mixed on these I can't say if they are suitable for this or not.

I've been using the Event Electronics 20/20 studio monitors for about a year and a have found them to be a nice set of studio monitors at an extremely low price. It doesn't get much cheaper than these, and I would even say that they are some of the best monitors you can buy for the price because of the nice response to frequencies all across the board, including the low end. While there are certainly other studio monitors that I would rather use than the Event Electronics 20/20s, nearly all of them are more expensive than these. These monitors are a great choice for the home studio owner, and are certainly worth a look for those who are in the market for a cheap set of studio monitors.