Event Electronics PS-8

All user reviews for the Event Electronics PS-8

Active Monitor from Event Electronics belonging to the PS series.

• FP UserFP User

Event Electronics PS-8Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
    Most monitors don't have "features" besides a control or two for adjusting for placement.

Price paid: $649 USD

They have a very warm sound. Not harsh at all. They translate well to other playback systems such as car and home stereo systems. The stereo imaging field is very nice. Allows for very accurate panning and sweeps and things that have a lot of movement. I've played all kinds of CD's through them ranging from Gospel, Classical, to R&B and Hip Hop and all were very well represented.

Price paid: $649 USD

Yes I love them. They are my first pair of pro-type studio monitors and have improved my mixes tremendously. They can shake the house alone without a sub, as well as give you the sweet little naunces that are so hard to hear in other speakers, such as smaller studio monitors or your bookshelf stereo speakers. I've heard the Mackies, Behringer The Truth, Yamaha's new big ones, and of course the Genelecs. Not only are the PS8's great for the money you spend, but they are great monitors period. If you're like me and can't quite afford the Genelecs or Mackies, the PS8's are a steal. The Behringer Truths were harsh sounding and unatural to me. You can get them cheap, but they're new at this studio monitor thing and have some work to do before they can claim to be on Mackies level. Or even on the PS8's level for that matter. If you can't quite afford the PS8s yet, wait a while til you can get them. I did and I feel like a wiser man because I did wait.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
    Posted by: Unknown ( 5-, 2002)