Fostex PM-2
Fostex PM-2

Active Monitor from Fostex belonging to the PM series.

Anonymous
Publié le 05/09/05 à 10:56
I needed to studio monitors to mix my work because I had my hi-fi speakers on my left. Long live the torti-coli after a quarter of an hour!
I possd of msp-5 (yamaha). Rapidemment sold quite as low as not to establish plutt silent and sound "card". I bought some hi-fi speakers APRS to avoid connecting the computer to guns cost a cd. As I am a patient of his I chose a pair of REGA (English brand) that I cost one hour in excellent condition before purchase. I wanted to find instructors in the transparency of these speakers with a little more serious in prsence (Rega down the well but a bit shy) and more dynamic.

Rponse frquence in the trs is neutral.
Stereo image impeccable.
Trs sound clear and I dtails Discoveries in the pieces that I dj scan in all directions. It is easy to DTECT a bass drum sound that exudes even a complete set, to hear the breathing of the singers and musicians etc ...
The dynamics are simply outstanding. I compare it with the speakers that a friend has made with HP 38-cm amplifier to measure with the sole rglage volume, a selected one of the components in short, no compromise (100 kg the unit. I learned the dynamics qu'tait ... Well not the fostex Phra and the size of my pice (20 m2) it is plenty. I never works has over 1 / 4 volume.
I have as much fun cost a disc with the hi-fi with the monitors. The main diffrence is that they produce a very audible breath at rest and no ordinary lighting. But when everything is running this is by no teacher, no one hears more.

I use them for 7 months. J'apprcie really the transparency of the restitution. In addition they are plutt simple and pretty. It's really not important but good CRITERIA. They are robust. I did not expect to make that choice, the era I did not know that was building fostex monitors. Compared Fame I intended to take mackie hr 824 or equivalents Genelec, I've cost the same day and in the same conditions as the PM-2. I find the ct carton of msp-5 in less obvious, of course, but all the same dcevant, and too low increase on HR 824. A friend advised me of his Eng Dynaudio BM15A assets. I did not even listen when I heard the price diffrence. Fawn any level "costs," the privilge as I had the test for an hour in playback, all my cd tests are passing and I had nothing to say. May be that in 10 years, when more exprience j'aurrais studio, my ear will be more demanding. For now I would do this choice, it is empty.