Create an account

Active Monitor from Neumann belonging to the KH series

Wazana Records Wazana Records

« Small but accurate »

Published on 09/19/14 at 06:56
What motivated my choice was the frequency response curve. I wanted them mainly to mix, so I wanted some quality nearfield monitors that were as flat as possible, and I got them.
I use them with my Tascam M3500 mixer and a Universal Audio Apollo

Very, very neutral. I had the Adam f5 before and, for the price, I was very satisfied with them, but not for mixing, It took me some time to get used to these Neumann, a little over a month. The vocals seemed too upfront, compared to the rest, but now it doesn't seem that way (maybe it was the break-in or my ears that got used to them). Anyway, ever since my mixes sound much more open and precise. Every instrument is in its exact place in the stereo field. Considering the size of the woofer, a 5-incher, it goes pretty deep, even though I don't think it's that accurate. I'd say you can trust them with your eyes closed from 100Hz to 20kHz, below that you'll need a sub (I have the Adam sub7). The stereo image is amazing for monitors this size, they blew me away. They have a good dynamic response, too.

It's been four months since I mix with them and it's a real delight, the manufacturing quality is great, you can really tell they are German and, especially that they are Neumann... They are a bit heavy, but I won't complain about that.
I have worked with Adam, Sonodyne, Genelec, Graal Audio, Mackie, Behringer... I think their price is a bit high. They should cost the same as the Sonodyne (around $1300), but 250 bucks more aren't the world...
What I like best is the precision and the neutrality of the frequency response.
What I like the least: You need to be right in front of the monitors for the stereo image to be optimal (they are not the best to edit with Pro Tools when the Mac is next to the mixer, but that's not really a defect, it's just the sweet spot that is narrower than with my old Adams. I don't think that's a defect, quite the contrary, but it did annoy me in the beginning...

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)