New Square One nearfield monitors
New Latvian manufacturer Square Audio introduces innovative powered studio monitors, the Square One.
The Square One are square-shaped two-way near/mid-field powered monitors that combine four “blocks” inside a bass reflex enclosure. The manufacturer chose a “point source” design, with a symmetrical speaker design. They also chose not to use damping material in order to let the sound energy out of the enclosure.
The low-frequency section includes four 5.25” woofers and two resonators (one for two woofers) that act as crossovers and allows for better sound linearity and distortion minimizing. In the middle is a horn with the tweeter, for higher directivity and performance.
Components used by Square Audio are provided by European manufacturers, including Italian Eighteensound (tweeters and horns) Scanspeak for Denmark and Hypex Electronics from Netherlands.
- 4x 5.25” woofers
- 2” tweeter
- AES power: 400 W LF + 200 W HF
- Frequency response: 35 Hz - 21 kHz (-6 dB) / 40 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2dB)
- SPL: 110 dB (1W / 1m)
- Projection: 60° x 40° or 90° x 40°
- XLR analog input
- XLR AES 3 digital input and AES Through
- XLR Link
- Dimensions: 46 x 43 x 41 cm
- Weight: 35 kg/unit
The Square One monitors will be available this month, Square Audio announces a price of 8250 € / pair (excl. taxes). More info at www.square.audio.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Allen & Heath Qu-Pac digital mixer Allen & Heath adds to its Qu series of digital mixers the ultracompact desktop and rackmountable Qu-Pac model.
- The Peavey PV mixers include Bluetooth In 2010, Peavey added USB to its compact PV mixers. In 2015, they upgrade the range with Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- [NAMM] Fluid audio adds Bluetooth to its monitors Fluid Audio introduced at NAMM 2015 two new powered monitors for home and studio equipped with Bluetooth connectivity.