Lauten Audio introduces LA-320 tube microphone
Lauten Audio introduces the LA-320 large diaphragm vacuum tube vocal microphone, the first in the brand's new "Series Black" line.
Lauten Audio has announced the LA-320 large diaphragm vacuum tube studio condenser vocal microphone, the brand's first microphone in a new line dubbed "Series Black". The LA-320 features a 1-inch pressure gradient true-condenser capsule, cardioid polar pattern, dual-triode vacuum tube, transformer balanced output, independent high and low cut filters, custom dedicated power supply, tube microphone cable, spider shock mount and hard case.
This model is said to have been designed so as to give budding recordists an affordable entry into the world of vacuum tube microphone sound, with high- and low-cut filters aimed solving common problems in home, basement or bedroom recording environments.
The LA-320 features a 1-inch pressure gradient true-condenser capsule and dual-triode vacuum tube, a designed which is described as inspired by what was used in classic German microphones, but in spite of the LA-320's affordability the model is said to feature high quality components often found in much more expensive microphones.
Features & specs include:
- Type: 1-inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: Vacuum tube with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: < 200 ohms
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-noise Level: <17dB-A
- Sensitivity: 14mV/Pa (@ 1 kHz, 74dB SPL)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12 kHz high-cut filters
- Connector: 5-pin XLR (PSU to microphone) and 3-pin XLR (PSU to Preamp)
- Power Requirement: Custom power supply (Switchable, 100v to 240v compatible range)
The LA-320 has a MSRP of $799 and an estimated street price of around $499. It will be available from U.S. retailers starting this month, and shall hit the shelves worldwide later this year. More details at www.lautenaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.