Boss MX-10 10 Channel Mixer
Boss MX-10 10 Channel Mixer

MX-10 10 Channel Mixer, Analog Mixer from Boss.

Al1_24 10/16/2013

Boss MX-10 10 Channel Mixer : Al1_24's user review

«  Small but mighty »

• Partager
The format 1/2 1U is quite in line with my other equipment and is one of the reasons that made me choose.
Food, heavy and bulky, can not be replaced by a modern equivalent to cutting: it is a simple transformer and is waiting for an alternating current.

I currently uses two stereo inputs for my synths and - occasionally - a third to a PC, 4 mono and 2 stereo channels available.
Although a circuit effects (1 output, 1 stereo return) is proposed, I do not use it, preferring to attack my stereo multi-effects from the output of the mixer to keep the entire stereo synthesizers.
All connections are in jack 1/4 "TS unbalanced mono.

It is a simple mixer, given the size of the device, it would have been difficult enough to fit more an equalizer.

Operation is extremely simple and the documentation is far from essential.
The presence of a headphone output associated with its own volume control is a plus.

This mixer is totally transparent. I did not notice any breath or coloring of the sound on the line inputs.
I do not comment on the mic I do not use.

It is now 18 months that I use.
I chose it for its size and its adaptation to my (small) needs. I am also a Yamaha MG10 / 2, which was oversized for this purpose console.
A final advantage is its price on the used market ... provided to find!