[Musikmesse] Clavia Nord Wave OS Update
Clavia has updated Nord Wave's OS to version 2.02.
- New Feature: Analog triangle and sawtooth waveforms are now shapeable.
- New Feature: Added 18 new 3-operator algorithms for the FM categories.
- New Feature: Added 4 new waveform options in the OSC 1 Misc category.
- New Feature: Compatibility with the Nord Sample Library.
- New Feature: Compatibility with the Nord Sound Manager v5.x and the Nord Sample Editor v2.x).
- FM Modulation of synced wavforms is now sounding better.
- FM Modulation of wavetables could cause unwanted pops and clicks, this is now fixed.
- Added support for setting program/sample focus and program category from Manager. In plain english, this means that you can double-click on a program or sample in the Manager and it will be selected in the Wave.
- Sync with Xerxes fixes - E2P fix, UpdateSrc token for passed for parameter sets and EraseStatus not returned by FFS EraseGetStatus(). (I have no idea what this is about, other than it probably did something very good. I just thought I'd share this nugget of developer poetry with you. :-)
- Gradually smooth out square/saw/stepped random LFO waveform when modulating the filter frequency cutoff with high LFO frequencies to prevent the filter from running amok.
- Change delay amount to a send amount instead of a dry-wet mix amount. The mix is now always fully wet and the amount knob changes the input gain to the delay.
- Fixed bug where switching LFO1/2/ModEnv modulation target while playing could cause audible clicks.
- Fixed an issue with Morphs getting sluggish during heavy load.
- Improved Note On response time, the Wave is now reacting faster.
- Modulating Resonance amount didn't use same range as the knob (limitation is now added) which improved some programs that really could cause filter to go bananas. In favour of keeping at least some self oscillating tendency, it is still possible (under extrem mod) to make filter crack (i.e. self oscillate at high level).
You can download the update there.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Arturia Origin Updates Arturia has announced at Musikmesse two major updates to be released this year. Both of these upgrades will be free.
- [Musikmesse] JoMoX MBase 11 The MBase11 generates analog bass drums, from extremely powerful to soft and covers the whole range from 909-style to 808-fashioned, according to JoMoX.
- [Musikmesse] Memotron Rack Manikin Electronics, the manufacturer of the Memotron, has presented a digital remake of one of the highly unusual (b]mellotron instrument[/b].