[NAMM] The KingKORG has been unveiled
German Korg.de website unveiled tonight the KingKORG synthesizer which will be presented at NAMM 2013.
As part as their 50th anniversary, Korg will launch the KingKORG analog modeling synthesizer equipped with practical controls for the sound design. Here are the full specifications:
- eXpanded Modeling Technology synthesis system
- 61 semi-weighted keys with velocity
- 24 voice polyphony
- 300 Programs (200 presets / 100 users), 8 categories
- Max timbre: 2 (Layer / Split)
- 3 oscillators (selectable types: analog, noise, DWGS, PCM and MIC IN)
- 127 types in total (analog & Noise: 64 + DWGS: 30 + PCM: 50 + MIC IN)
- 1 Filter (LPF, HPF, BPF)
- 18 filter types (LPF: 7 + HPF: 5 + BPF: 6 / Included modeling filter)
- Modulation : EC: 2 units, LFO: 2 units, AMP
- Virtual Patch per timbre: 6 sets
- 3 Program effects (PRE FX, MOD FX, REV / DELAY) + 2-band EQ (2-band) + stereo TUBE
- PRE FX: 6 types (DISTORTION, DECIMATOR, RING MOD, GT AMP, AMP EP, TONE)
- MOD FX: 6 types (FLANGER, CHORUS, U-Vibe, Tremolo, Phaser, Rotary)
- REV / DELAY: 6 types (HALL, ROOM, PLATE, TAPE ECHO, MOD DELAY, DELAY BPM)
- 16-band vocoder with Formant Shift and Formant Hold
- Arpeggiator with up to 8 steps (step number can be changed), 6 types (UP/DOWN/ALT1/ALT2/RANDOM/TRIGGER)
- Joystick, octave up / down buttons, Category / Favorite button
- 16 x 2 character OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- 128 x 64 pixel OLED subdisplays oscillator and filter sections
- Mic In | Connector Type XLR-3-31 (balanced)
- Audio Output L / MONO, R, TS phone jack (unbalanced)
- 3, 5 mm stereo mini-jack headphone out
- DAMPER PEDAL jack (no "half-damper" support), SWITCH / PEDAL jack
- CV / GATE OUT jack
- MIDI In and Out
- USB Type B
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1027 × 313 × 96 mm
- Weight: 7.0 kg
- CV / GATE cable for Korg Monotribe and MS-20
The price and availability are still to be announced. If you read german, you can check the rest of the presentation on www.korg.de/produkte/synthesizer/kingkorg-produktinfo/kingkorg-produktinfo-1.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Roland CUBE Lite Monitor Roland introduces the CUBE Lite Monitor, a 2.1 monitoring system for instruments that includes an iOS interface.
- [NAMM] Here's the Moog Little Phatty Synth Moog Music confirms the rumors and introduces today the Little Phatty, a monophonic analogic synthesizer with a sub-oscillator for low-end grit.
- Koma Elektronik SVF-201 Filter Module Koma Elektronik announced the release of SVF-201, a state variable filter for the eurorack modular synthesizer format.