The synthesizer component of the new AIRA series, SYSTEM-1, which lets you host emulations of classic Roland synths, among its other features.
SYSTEM-1 was created “in the spirit of its predecessors, ” the SYSTEM-100, SYSTEM-100M and SYSTEM 700 synths. Featuring an 2-octave keyboard, SYSTEM-1 uses Roland’s new ACB modeling technology for sound creation, and it’s PLUG-OUT functionality allows for loading in a variety classic Roland synth sounds without a computer.
- Four oscillators
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced arpeggiator with Scatter function
- Scatter jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- –12 dB and –24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated delay and reverb effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal-sized keys
- Comfortable to play, yet the most compact Roland synth ever
SYSTEM-1 is expected to ship in the second quarter of 2014. Definitive pricing hasn’t been announced, but early indications are that it will have a street price of around $599. For more information, visit RolandUS.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.