Roland VT-3 Voice Transformer
Another component of the new AIRA series, the VT-3 offers real-time vocal processing including pitch and formant alteration.
The VT-3 is designed to let you easily create contemporary vocal effects that feature everything from auto-pitch to glitches, robot voices, and even singing synth sounds. It comes with a flexible array of inputs including a XLR/TRS combo jack with phantom power and an 1/8” mic jack with plug-in power, allowing for both live and studio connection options.
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something’s broken (in a good way)
- Lo-fi character via Megaphone and Radio settings
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing
- Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders
- Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders
- Save three favorite settings for instant recall
- Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances
- Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility
- Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability
- Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power)
- Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels
- Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks
- Great for podcasts and live web streaming
- Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter
The VT-3 is expected to be available in March of 2014. While definitive prices have yet to be announced, but early indications are that it will street for around $199.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Troots-Effects, Dub-dedicated manufacturer Created in 2008 by Tooney Roots, the little french company offers gear for Dub and Reggae producers as well as for DJs.
- Roland unveils AIRA series After weeks of teasers, Roland unveiled the AIRA series, featuring four products that provide classic Roland sounds inside modern hardware designs.
- Producer/engineer Jesse Cannon on mixing, mastering, and his upcoming free seminar An interview with producer/engineer Jesse Cannon (Animal Collective, The Cure, The Misfits, Man Overboard) where he discusses mixing, mastering and his upcoming free online seminar.