M.F.B. Dominion X
MFB's Dominion X synthesizer combines analogue synthesis, programmability and modular patching.
Dominion X offers three oscillators. Each waveform can be varied in symmetry. Besides altering the pulse width of a rectangle, you may also continuously turn a saw tooth into a triangle and a triangle into a sine. All oscillators also offer ring modulation. In addition, VCO 2 and VCO 3 can be synced to VCO1. Finally, VCO3 can modulate the frequency of VCO 1 and VCO 2. The analogue oscillator circuit is processor-controlled for stable tuning. To complete the available sound sources, noise or an external audio input can be added to the VCOs in DOMINION X’s mixer section.
The filter offers six operation modes. Available are three low pass variations with 12, 18 and 24 dB/oct. slopes. Also available are high pass-, band pass and a notch filter with slopes of 12 dB/oct. respectively 6 dB/oct. Variable filter modulations are possible via an invertible envelope, keyboard tracking, LFO, VCO, different MIDI controllers as well as by the use o the CV-input.
The two ADSR-type envelops are internally routed to the VCF- and VCA-sections. In addition, envelope 1 can also modulate the VCO section. LFOs 1 and 2 offer six waveform shapes including sample & hold. They may be switched to one-shot-modes to emulation simple envelopes. A third sine-LFO works in combination with a keyboard's modulation wheel and can dynamically address the VCO, VCF and VCA sections.
Modulations are assigned by the use of selector switches, located at the destinations. This is designed to allow setting and re-routing internal modulation paths.
To integrate external modulators, control- and audio sources, Dominion X offers nine inputs. Therefore, oscillators, filter, VCA, CV/Gate and mixer can be combined with other analogue synthesizers such as MFB’s Megazwerg, analogue sequencers such as MFB’s Urzwerg Pro or modular synthesizer systems.
An additional selector switch allows assignment of velocity for up to eleven modulation destinations.
Dominion X offers 128 programmable patches for your personal sound creations. To support sound programming without an attached keyboard, different demo sequences are available. To use Dominion X as a filter box for external audio sources, the VCA can be opened permanently. Finally, there is an insert available to integrate an effect or distortion unit into the signal path.
- Programmable Analogue Synthesizer
- 3 VCOs with wave shaping and ring modulation
- Dual-Sync and Dual-FM features
- 6-fold multimode-filter including 3 low pass configurations with 12/18/24 dB patch-section for external CV/Gate-control
- Velocity routing matrix with 11 destinations
- 3 LFOs with 2 LFOS offering one-shot-modes and reset
MSRP: 780,- Euro
Check out MFB for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- StudioBLADE for Mac OS X Music Computing has released a Mac OS X compatible version of the StudioBLADE keyboard production station.
- Elektron Octatrack OS v1.2 Elektron has released OS 1.2 for the Octatrack.
- Detunized releases 1konkret Live Pack Detunized releases the 1konkret Live Pack with daily noises and sounds.