[Musikmesse] M.F.B. Kraftzwerg
MFB announced KRAFTZWERG at the show, a semi-modular version of MFB’s Synth-II.
We're told that KRAFTZWERG trades memory locations and MIDI-control off for 37 patch connectors that allow breaking and modifying the internal routing. You can put single MFB-SYNTH3 components under analog sequencer control or let the whole unit interact with your existing modular-synthesizer-system.
According to MFB, KRAFTZWERG works as a stand-alone synthesizer without the need to patch any cable. The classic formation of VCO-VCF-VCA is pre-wired internally, complete with essential modulations. Therefore, you can play the SYNTH3 just like any other synthesizer using its MIDI-input. In addition, it may integrate into a full analog environment using control voltages – and benefit, unlike MIDI, from infinite continuous parameter resolution.
MFB tells us that the KRAFTZWERG offers a complete set for powerful and versatile synthesis: three VCOs with hard-sync, 24-dB-lowpass-filter with resonance, noise generator, ring-modulator, two envelope-generators, two LFOs and VCA. They also say that technically and soundwise the synth is identical to MFB’s euro-rack-modules but comes in a compact format that is easy to take with you and faster in use.
- semi-modular, fully-analog
- 3 VCOs
- 37 patch connectors
- integrated MIDI/CV-interface
Pricing and Availability:
580 Euro incl. VAT
Viewers of this article also read...
- Axl Guitars AA-KB-120 Keyboard Amp The AXL 100W Keyboard Amp (AA-KB-120) has 100 watts RMS power, a 12" Alphatone speaker and four inputs with independent volume controls. The inputs include 1/4", XLR and RCA jacks.
- [Musikmesse] Nord Lead Anniversary Model In order to commemorate this first 25th anniversary for Clavia, they have created the Nord Lead Anniversary Model Limited Edition.
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha MM8 In the wake of the MM6 "Mini Mo" synthesizer, Yamaha Corporation of America announces the new MM8 Music Synthesizer.