[Musikmesse] Edirol R-44
EDIROL unveiled the R-44 compact four-channel solid-state field recorder.
The new R-44 picks up where the R-4 left off — a four-channel recorder that uses SD or large capacity SDHC card storage media. According to Edirol, it offers very flexible recording options with up to four channels of uncompressed audio available at selectable bit depths (16- or 24-bit) with sampling frequencies between 44.1kHz and 192kHz (stereo mode only). Broadcast wave is also supported and two R-44s can be synced together to offer up to 8-channel recording for surround sound applications.
The R-44 weighs in at three pounds — despite the metal chassis — and features both XLR and 1/4 inch TRS jack inputs. The XLR inputs are derived from the EDIROL R-4PRO and come equipped with individual phantom power as well as a limiter. Eleven steps of input sensitivity enable the connection of multiple devices with a variety of input levels from microphones to musical instruments. The high-speed USB 2.0 port is designed to allow for quick and easy copy and archive to a computer. The R-44 can also operate as a USB host.
Power is supplied by external PSU or onboard AA batteries.
The R-44 also offers effects, including limiter, low-cut filter, 3-band EQ, 6-band GEQ, enhancer and de-esser.
Key Features of the R-44
- Compact, lightweight and rugged design
- Record up to four channels of audio at selectable bit rates (16- & 24-bit) and sampling frequencies (44.1, 48, 96kHz — 192kHz for stereo recording only)
- Wide variety of input sensitivity levels
- Uses SD and SDHC cards for quiet and reliable operation
- Very usable onboard effects
- XLR and 1/4 inch TRS jack inputs
The R-44 will be available from March, price £499.
For more information, visit their web site at www.rolandus.com/edirol
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Digidesign Mix Rack Digidesign presents the Mix Rack, which they say is a more affordable entry into the VENUE line, combining all stage, local audio I/O, and DSP processing into a single compact rack enclosure.
- [Musikmesse] Lauten Audio Debut Lauten Audio Makes European Debut At Musikmesse 2008.
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha Audiogram Series The AUDIOGRAM Series bundle together a hardware interface with audio inputs and outputs, software for recording and producing music, and a USB cable for connection to a computer.