QSC KLA12
QSC KLA12

Array Speaker Cabinet from QSC belonging to the KLA series.

stompboxjon stompboxjon

« QSC delivered with this one »

Published on 03/11/13 at 22:16
The QSC KLA 12 cost over 2500 dollars and is worth every single penny of that price! It is a 1,000 watt active speaker with a 1.75 inch high frequency driver and a 12 inch low frequency driver. It has adjustable frequency optimization features and a very good sound. It has a 12 to 1 ratio factor that will allow you to have up to 5 separate units. I have only had the chance to personally work with it 4 times now but each time that I do I love it. I would purchase it myself If I had the need for it.
There is a tilt direct mount on it that makes it easy to get it in the perfect position for any room or set up. With the 500 watt by 500 watt power module, the sound you will hear with this speaker will be big and warm. The highs are clean and the mids sound just like they should. The lows are very clean and full, the frequency range is 44 Hz to 20 kHz. This bi amped speaker is powered and it has 1 XLR input and 1 XLR output.
Moving this speaker from place to place doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult though I have not had to move it myself before though. It only weighs 55 pounds and stands about 15 inches tall, and 23 inches wide. These boxes sound great and if your budget can afford to get them I highly suggest doing so, you will not be disappointed. The space that I heard this speaker in was big enough to seat between 300 and 450 people. The sound was huge and had very good stereo imaging giving a wide and big feel to it. I heard live music coming through this speaker a few times and I can say that anyone could use a speaker like this in their live rig. Question is can they afford it, because quality like this doesn’t come cheap.