[NAMM] Alesis StudioDock
Alesis has unveiled the StudioDock, a new iPad dock that endows Apple's tablet with audio, MIDI and video I/O.
Alesis lists the StudioDock's headline features as follows:
- Pro audio dock for iPad
- Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Universal device works with every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
- Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4" for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modelling app
- Outputs: pair 1/4" and 1/4" headphone with separate volume controls
- Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
It looks like a power supply is required for the StudioDock, though.
According to various sources, Apple Certification is pending, as is the announcement of a price and release date.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Steven Slate is showing the next generation of his virtual drum instrument at the 2011 NAMM Show Booth 6921.
- [NAMM] Monome ARC Monome’s Brian Crabtree and Kelli Cain have announced a new product for 2011, called the ARC.
- Prime Loops Hip Hop Genius Prime Loops releases a new hip hop collection, Hip Hop Genius.