[NAMM] Alesis StudioDock
Alesis has unveiled the StudioDock, a new iPad dock that endows Apple's tablet with audio, MIDI and video I/O.
Alesis lists the StudioDock's headline features as follows:
- Pro audio dock for iPad
- Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Universal device works with every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
- Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4" for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modelling app
- Outputs: pair 1/4" and 1/4" headphone with separate volume controls
- Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
It looks like a power supply is required for the StudioDock, though.
According to various sources, Apple Certification is pending, as is the announcement of a price and release date.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.