iCon iPad
khronegon khronegon

«  Nice Toy »

Publié le 01/14/11 à 16:45
I use it for a few hours, but hey, the machine is not complicated, it's more than enough to go around.

I was looking for a small keyboard and a small pad to play with Logic Express and I'm dropping the above in my music store. I did not know they existed before ... I never try anything else.

It copies (more or less) for akai korg nano and laptop, and less expensive. There are three: the iKey (keyboard), iPad (pads) and iControl (a small controller) (I'm only the keyboard and pad).

I quite like the cascade connections (each unit is connected to the previous and the latest in computer), a single USB is enough for the three controllers.
It's even what motivated mainly my choice, I'm a little out of stock on my iMac.

Features:
- 10 pads: they strike me as correct, but no more. Not hesitate to tap it, it lacks can be a bit of finesse in the detection, but once the subject in hand, we have fun ...
- 4 backlit buttons: two to pass the 4 preset gear (4 LEDs indicate the current preset), and 2 buttons to control three things: hold, roll and flam ...
- An XY pad: it does its job ...
- A fader same. It is not beautiful, it's a shame because the rest is successful. He is big and also above the surface, not practical to fit in a bag ...

Drivers side, no problem provided for PC and Mac (from the name, it is the least we can do), work the first time, the software to set the creature is very well done and is simple.

Besides the default two three already mentioned, we note that the machine does not give a reassuring impression of strength, the XY pad does not particularly confident in the long term ...

Was to use "recreational home" is more than enough for me.
As clarification, I have not much experience with this kind of controllers.

I put "good" (7 / 10): 6 / 10 for defects and 1 point higher gear because it's portable, the USB connection in cascade, it is very well thought out, the drivers are successful.