< Tous les avis Waves NS1 Noise Suppressor
Waves NS1 Noise Suppressor
Robin Schneider Robin Schneider

«  A good surprise »

Published on 08/30/13 at 17:49
He moved with the installer waves.
Available in RTAS (RIP), AU, VST and it seems Soundgrid format.

Very easy to use, simply mount the fader (or not for that matter) to apply the treatment. No need to book then.

I use a mac pro quad in snow leopard with logic 9.

I put on a lot of tracks and I have no performance problem. At worst I apply for a bounce in place to recover resources.

For a few weeks I'm using, but I'm already very satisfied.

It was a moment that I was looking for noise reduction, I work a lot in a home studio or small studios not always well insulated where the breath of equipment (tape + preamp lamp) and room acoustics can be difficult to manage .

The NS1 normally used amount fader until the desired reduction of breath.
It is a test that simply activate the plugin without mounting fader already have a treatment, which is usually enough for me (remove the breath of my preamps AU 610).
I also use it to catch low to turn a slight buzz.

Finally, I discovered that it could also remove parts modes. I recorded claps in a room with an audible flutter and not very nice. I put the plugin, again without the fader up and flutter disappeared without destroying the sound of claps.

Even residues musicians headphones go more often.

So in short, I never rises beyond the fader 0.5/100 and I have taken super clean. Warning against by if the room has a beautiful sound, the NS1 can possibly do "disappear" (TBC) and give a close to anechoic made.

Having bought during a promotion, I am more than satisfied. I guess it is not perfect for some uses, but for what I do, it's just the small difference that I have never afraid to compress a voice because of the breath.