Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI

Bass Amp Simulator from Tech 21 belonging to the SansAmp series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/15/09 à 10:56
(Originally written by Thom_bass/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
DI with analog preamp in pedal format. Compact and sturdy product.

Very comprehensive connections.

Very easy configuration. You'll quickly get interesting sound results.

I only miss a mid control.

Clear and comprehensive user's manual.

The device is effective.

I used it with a 4-string passive bass and a 5-string active bass.

I mainly used it to add a preamp between my Fender JB RI62 and my Mesa. Unfortunately the sound didn't match my needs.

This pedal is mainly a DI box with a speaker simulation function. But you won't need it if you already have a good bass and a good amp.

I used it some weeks and sold it: I didn't really need it, besides it added a sound color I didn't like.

I previously had a PSA1.1 and I wanted a pedal again. But this product doesn't sound like the PSA (it's more like the RBI). I just couldn't find the sound of my PSA with the BDDI.

I never tested the RBI until now.

Average value for money: it's a good pedal but it's rather expensive.

If I buy something in this price range again I will go for the Sadowsky preamp/DI.