Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe
Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe
moixjj moixjj

«  The contraption almost perfect! »

Publié le 06/01/11 à 03:10
I ordered this case in the United States after having owned a SansAmp Bass Driver (which I'm still at home) and the basic version of the VT Bass. Having big problems back (I have an intact spinal disc lower back) I looked for a solution so I could spend as much as possible of my big stuff on stage and studio. I had the ultimate gizmo for my sound to carry, have a few different channels and be able to go directly to a mixing desk ... and I found the grail, pace Lancelot and others.
I will not possess the characteristics already detailed. Let's just say it's pure analog level. I will return to the technical details below. I put a 10 because that's exactly what I needed ... it lacks the ability to disengage the speaker simulation, but then I quibble.

I therefore used as a preamp and direct box. I go with my coffee after my tuner, my bassballs and my OD at Mazzetti. I go out on my amp by jack (can increase the gain of 10db) and table mix by XLR (opportunity phantom power, ground lift ,...). To my amp, I bypass the preamp using the entry "return" of the effects loop. I have no shots of coloring the sound, my amp and my Ashdown ABM 500 4 * 10 cabinet become mere monitors ... and I'm not ashamed to say, the sound of the VT Bass and better than the preamp in my ABM. Unbelievable.
The sounds are easy to find and edit via 2 banks of 3 channels. This is not a gas plant, we found it very quickly and the knobs are effective. About Me I edited sounds rather cleans playing with the "Character". I avoided the drive, I prefer that of my pedal Mazzetti is the best I've heard. The sounds that I found quickly are accurate, powerful, punchy, dynamic, .., I play the stoner and post-hardcore, I bore very easily into the mix. With my Ibanez ATK Japanese, it's happiness in slices. The manual is almost negligible. It offers configs (edited by default on the new pedal) but finally it also depends on the instrument that will branch ... and it's so nice to mess with the knobs Be yourself to find THE sound. And as I am a regular at the brand, I quickly found what I was looking for.
The only thing that I do not end, it is the effects loop. They advise to the OD, the fuzz and envelope filters upstream of the VT. Of strokes there is not much to plug into the effects loop. And as I did not need chorus or flanger ...

I have NEVER played on an SVT all-tube. I find it too heavy and too expensive as an investment. Even if it sounds the fire god, here we agree. So, I am unable to say if the sound is captured SVT ... but I'm a little pats indeed, the purpose for me not to have something that "sounds like". It is a preamp that has lots of personality and allows for excellent sound, very precise and with incredible dynamics. I use it with an Ibanez ATK Japanese often accused of copying Musicman ... but again, ATK is the instrument with its own personality. With my Mazette, the triad is perfect. Sounds good rock'n'roll!
With the best overdrive pedal on the market for my taste, I do not get too drive. But all the other knobs can act effectively on the sound.
And lastly, you probably know all this curse that one day it was perfect sound with his gear and, once following the same settings, the sound is disgusting. You see what I mean eh? Well, this pedal avoids this problem brilliantly.
My next investment will be a mini amp mega super powerful light (SWR, Markbass or GK) with a light baffle equally into 4 ohm. Amplifiers might even be enough, I no longer need pre-amp.

I received it recently after using the first version of VT Bass. In 15 years I make music, I've tried tons of stuff. But then I found a solution cost, lightweight and efficient transport problems and space on stage. The sound is excellent and the connection possibilities are exhaustive. There is nothing to throw. The value is exceptional due to the high level of finishes from Tech21 remains a small New York company that manufactures his equipment on site. I do not regret that choice. It is clear that I would like a rig with an Ampeg SVT 8 * 10 and roadies to carry all that ... but having back problems, no driver's license, no roadies and no cash is the perfect solution.