Ampeg SVT-3 Pro
Ampeg SVT-3 Pro

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ampeg belonging to the SVT Pro series.

MGR/David Olivas MGR/David Olivas

« Ampeg SVT 3 Pro »

Published on 01/31/02 at 15:00
I purchased this amp at the Guitar Center in Covina, California and paid about $750 for it. I needed to replace my out-dated Peavy amp that I sold at a yard sale.

This amp is great for live and studio purposes. It has plenty of power and I have yet to find any poor sounds from the amp. It has plently of features, such direct-out (balance and unbalance) with a level control, a direct tuner out, and two types of speaker conections (1/4 inch and speakton). I like the mute function and the Graphic EQ, which provides a lot of sound versatility.

For it's small size (two rack-mount spaces), it weighs a ton! I wish it had two instrument inputs, rather than one.

It is well made and ready for the road, but I suggest buying an SBK Rack-Mount case with at least two or four spaces.

If you have the money, I would buy this amp over the competitor's. I tried them all and the Ampeg SVT 3 Pro performed the best.