< Tous les avis Gallien Krueger Backline 600
Treetman Treetman
Published on 08/03/06 at 05:07
It's a transistor amp into 8ohms 300W quidélivre
Two jacks on the back
Two channels a clear and overdrive channel (which aroused my curiosity and above the First Prev purchase in time. See below), each with a volume and gain for the overdrive, an outline, a four-band equalizer, a set "boost" and a setting master. Note a loop for a pedal or a multi-purpose and a switch (not supplied pedal damage !!!). Note that this amplifier can be rack mounted (good for transport and a possible RACKTUNER), but the option is not free (not far from 30 euros).
Note also no entry in the back of the amp, which can be annoying. Otherwise it's tough ... No frills, a real tank.

The config could not be easier, few settings and the ability to find a good clear sound quickly. The manual is in English although it can not be clearer with examples of settings to find a nice sound.

This amp is designed to make the big sound, it would be almost indecent to even want to play anything but metal or punk rock.
I play with an Epiphone EB-3, a pedal distortion / overdrive PD-7 and a SansAmp pedal.
We'll forget the overdrive channel that aroused so much interest for me some time ago when I discovered the apmli. The sound is too "electronic" for my taste and loses its color. It is better to use a good old SansAmp or an outright distortion pedal. Ibanez makes a very good for cheap. You can also go for a walk in BOSS, there's plenty to do.
The other feature of this amp is the boost that is the bass and treble and gives this side a big slap in the NOFX. To be used sparingly, however, but the whole point of Gallien Krueger. I do not put that 8 because the overdrive could have been a little more sought after but you do not ask too much for an amp of this price point.

It is only six months that I use and I still find new sounds. What may seem surprising with so few adjustments.
What I like with this material is its very Gallien Krueger although it is entry level, being able to put it in a rack, the relatively low for this type of amp and the possibilities of setting and the boost that gives the "growl"
I like the least overdrive (which however I did buy) and the fact of not having input on the back of the amp. Posted by it's all good, nothing to throw away.
Before purchasing this machine I tried the peavey amps, and Cort Acoustic but nothing at this price so good is the Backline 600 wins the game by finding more head amp of this power and quality for the price?? Do not know ... In short it is 300W, € 300 and built to last 300 years. The only small problem is that it is not distributed in France to my knowledge but I could be wrong.
If one day I can break it, for sure I ever did the same choice ...