Markbass Little Mark II
Markbass Little Mark II

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Markbass belonging to the Little Mark series.

MGR/Golem MGR/Golem

« Markbass Little Mark II Head »

Publié le 06/01/10 à 15:00
It's a medium power, very compact head, and since I play small venues most of the time, I often use a small MarkBass 2x6 combo. I play in a duo and in a string band, and neither context includes a drummer nor a jerkoff geetard, so I seldom need big power. WhenI do, it's not my bandmates but the room/venue/audience that is the problem.

Once again, an item from a clearance at the local GC. Hard to figger the actual cost what with the trade-in, the coupons, etc. It was somewhere around $500. I had played it in the store a few times. Mainly, I thought of it as a more powerful version of my small MB combo. This head also provides EQ, which the 2x6 combo does not [the 2x6 gets by on just the two mb tone filters.]

The best thing about it is the pair of MB tone filters, the VPF and especially the VLE [vintage loudspeaker emulation]. Along with very reasonable size and weight, these filters are the main deal about MarkBass products.

I also like the 4-band EQ. It has well-chosen frequencies for most of what I play.

It has a fan that runs all the time. It's not a tube amp, nor a trnansformerless amp, so I don't know why it hasta be that way.

There's only one speaker-out jack.

The FX loop is pre-EQ ... WTF ??

Seems well built for this type of amp. It has those black plastic 1/4' jacks which can be trouble, but most amps these days have those, so that's not a particularly MarkBass-specific complaint.

It's all about the VPF and VLE filters.

I can't rate this a '5', not with the silly FX loop, and only one speaker jack. The fan I could forgive, as thaz getting to be pretty common on lotsa gear now.

It's good points, while they don't make a huge long list, are very strong ... which makes this a '4' rather than a '3' rating.