Markbass Little Mark II
Markbass Little Mark II

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Markbass belonging to the Little Mark series.

the eye the eye

«  Simple and decent »

Publié le 02/20/14 à 06:03
The Markbass LM II is a transistor.Classe D amp. Lightweight. This lug around a backpack without problem ..
300 watts into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 ohms (in theory ..)
DI output Tuner.Deux HP outputs (combo: jack or speakon).
Settings: Gain, Master, serious, low mids, high mids, treble, VLF, STEL

Very easy to use. We can do without the manual.
The frequency settings are effective. I do not like the VLE and VPF filters. I've never utilisés.Ils sound too artificial and detrimental to sound quality, in my opinion ... This is subjective.
For me, this is an amp considered neutral, it is not wrong, but still produces a "flattering" sound ... It is far from transparent antique SWR or EBS for example.

He can walk in many musical styles. I played metal by using it. Mostly I play with all the knobs at noon, unless serious I tend to decrease the amp and turning the VLE and VPF filters.
Connected to a 4x10 cab Trace Elliot (old model so 320 watts / 8 ohms) with a Fender JB V passive Us, you can have a satisfying sound, almost natural, well balanced and full ... but it is not accuracy and clarity of other more expensive brands ... I think we should turn serious but it depends on your instrument and speaker used ...

Used for 2 years.
The volume is not insane .. Watts announced are overrated in my opinion .. I tested EBS Reidmar which real 250 watts into 8 ohms and 300 watts buries the Markbass.De Similarly, the Orange Terror Bass 500 is significantly more powerful than the LM II

Overall, a good amp, well above an Ampeg SVT III pro I've tried ... The quality / price ratio used LM II is interesting .. and I do not see the point to acquire LM III .. However, in the same price range and stay in class D, or the EBS Reidmar Aguilar TH 350 seem higher.