TC Electronic BH500
TC Electronic BH500
cedrelek cedrelek
Publié le 02/07/11 à 03:06
Remember:
- Multi-band compressor truly effective, it changes the compressors that are only limiters and have utility for protecting the HP.
- Simulator lamp pre AND post, very effective. It moves from its "flat" and very punchy until the saturation of the lamps.
- Tweeter tone that works effectively on the tweeters.
- Built-in tuner. This is the first amp that I have with this feature, and it's too cool!
- 500W !!!!! It's enough to make a fool drummer (well, basically they are not already a bit?: P)

I does not 10/10 because I had to open it and solder a little to make me a footswitch to control the presets ... I think they have abused this point, it cost very little welds 6 ....

The configuration is simple?
- Yes and no. In fact, the knobs serve and actually act on the sound. As a result, the configuration is simple because it intends the action of each knob, but suddenly I do have some time to find (s) sound (s).

The manual is clear and sufficient?
No need

Do you get a good sound easy?
Despite my remarks above, I would say that yes, putting everything in the middle, the sound is already very good.

It fit your style of music?
To rock, not violent, but not quiet either, it's perfect.

What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
Depending on the setting. You can have the lens but the head is cut out for the big fat heavy sound with a dynamic and impressive.

With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?

The head is connected to a BC210 and BC212. For those who do not know is also the TC Electronic: BC210 is a 2 * 10 inches (250W/8ohm) and the BC212 is a 2 * 12 inches (250W/8ohm).
When I bought it, I had the opportunity to test both the BC410 (a 4 * 10 inch 500W/4ohm). I really felt the utility of BC212 which adds bass / sub (it's important we play bass anyway!). So I recommend the combination 210 + 212 rather than 410. However it is also possible to add a 212 with the 410 ....

Warwick Corvette Double Buck (2 humbucker in assets) .... So I always had a sound of the thigh.

For how long have you been using it?
since it came out on the market.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
I also have a Peavey TNT 115, well, this is not comparable, it is not the same category.
I play on a ampeg svt in repeat ... that's fine, but after it is a matter of taste, I still have not found the sound on this amp suits me, the only thing I found is to dig my sound (mean the grave, there are notes, but any lower would have the same result)

What thing do you like most/least about it?
The +: simulator lamp
The -: no footswitch

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
According to my dealer, he had no return and recommend this head / brand (relative to the Ashdown for example). A similar price, it will in all cases less.

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?