I am RAH400SMX, the only difference is that the head is rack (2U)!
- Amplification transistor preamp with a lamp (you can choose from pre-amp between the lamp and the transistor with a knob).
- It delivers 400W in 4Ohm (two HP 8Ohm connected) so in about 250W 8ohm (HP 8Ohm one connected). [Note to self: 400W is really too much, it's no use]
- The connection is extremely full!
- Low Input (with selector Active / passive)
- HP Output Jack or XLR
- 3 XLR DI outputs. A pre-EQ (mono) and a post-EQ stereo (2XLR)
- Effects Loop Mono (2jacks with a button-10dB or +4 dB)
- Stereo effects loop (with a 3jack knob from-10dB to +4 dB on Send)
- Line Out (Left and right) jack
- Exit acordeur
- Input Footswitch
- Input Gain with 3 LEDs to determine the signal strength.
- knob dosing preamp (Lamp / transistor)
- Bonton Shape 1 Shape 2 and two modes that are pre-determined EQ (roughly: a hollow mediums, the other highlights). Button to enable / disable Shapes.
- Figure 12 EQ bands (30Hz, 40Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 660Hz, 1.3kHz, 2.6kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz) that can enable / disable with a button that can make + or - effectively using a knob.
- Compressor low frequency (knob)
- Compressor frequency (knob)
- "EQ Balance": a very special knob. Turned to the far left: it was full of bass and infrabass gigantic turned right: there was a lot of treble and high mids with almost no bass. So it's a kind of rough equalization in one button but can be useful for changing the scene instantly.
- knob dosing efficiency effects of the loop
- Standby (on / off is behind the amp head)
Note: The fan is super loud, I must find a way to reduce it, especially since at home I rarely play more than one tenth of the volume so it should not heat much the amplification stage.
- Once we understand how it works, the head is easy to use. But it has so many functions that it must do.
- You can not miss his sound given the number of adjustable.
- I did not have the manual but you can find on the Internet. It is not used much.
Note: Above all, do not turn on an amp head when no speaker is connected and obviously do not turn on without a fuse! I screwed up the amplification stage like that! Result: € 290 repair I think. It hurts. Otherwise, it's a really solid head, go for the break.
- I play rock, punk, metal, funk, soul ... and the amp suits all situations that I have a cabinet above 15 "and 2x10" which can play all styles. Although very apreciated rockers, Trace Elliot is extremely versatile, you can play everything with this head!
- I played with a Condor BX-12 (low entry level similar to the Cort Action bass), a Warwick Corvette Double Buck $ $ and one of the 60 Japanese Conrad.
- You can get any sound! It seems to me impossible not to be satisfied.
- I love the sound with great bass and treble as I slapper not bad, there is a huge dynamic!
- I use it for over a year, I had bought used (it must have a good over several decades).
- I love the huge range of sounds that can be obtained. I do not like her weight!
- I tried the Hartke, Ampeg, Markbass. I really liked but it was really expensive Markbass ...
- These heads are no longer selling new, but the price / quality ratio was good and on occasion it is very good!
- I certainly would do if the choice was not as heavy! When she stays with me it is not a problem, but when I do a concert, it's really hot to have to carry everything.