Ampeg BA-112
Ampeg BA-112

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Ampeg belonging to the Bassamp series.

Wobble Kurtz Wobble Kurtz

«  Perfect for the show! »

Published on 03/07/14 at 03:37
Bass combo transistor 50w, HP 12 "passive input and active.
3-band EQ, a selector with 5 styles, RCA input, a line output and headphone output a.

Configuration is very simple, the sound is clean, round, punchy, well-typed Ampeg, amp cash very well the E string, the HP "does not spit, for home use it is perfect!

The amp is quite versatile, I play it with a Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass and I am completely satisfied.
As I said above, the sound is typical Ampeg and for the price and size of the amp is a plus! It is perfect for home use but it seems to me too just for the rehearsal with a drummer and guitarist.
HP 12 "delivers a clean and punchy sound, ideal to work properly at home without being limited compared to an HP 8" or 10 "on an amp of this size.

I bought it yesterday morning, what I like most I would say the sound, style, design, certainly at least the production quality we see that the power supply at the rear of the amp 'm very cheap, Ampeg manufactures most of its transistor amps in China for some time if you want made in U.S. it is necessary to start an amp lamps ;) After the amp is guaranteed for 2 years so good.
I put a lot of time to decide to buy this amp, I tried many amps, Ashdown Eb lite good but a little too big for home use and it remains the entry level in Ashdown The Markbass Micromark home perfect but too expensive for me.
The value of the BA 112 report is not too bad if somewhat overpriced if we take into consideration the finishing of the amp but its level there is nothing to say if you use a low quality.
If you want a proper amp to work at home, go for it ;)