Ashdown MAG C115-300 Combo
Ashdown MAG C115-300 Combo

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Ashdown belonging to the MAG series.

cocovingt cocovingt

«  Generator groove »

Publié le 06/13/13 à 12:41
Everything has already been said on that, I do not have much to add, to summarize this is a bass amp, transistor, 150w expandable to 300 with a second speaker, it is composed of buttons and knobs as quite amp, and a significant DI output which can be very useful.

I have not had the opportunity to compete with a full band, but in any case to play at home and vibrating the furniture in his house the original 150 watts more than sufficient and the most beautiful effect, regarding group play against a battery and two guitars I have not tried so I prefer not to say.

Operation is very simple, I did not receive a manual with the amp but I do not need, the best is yet to test the possibilities empirically to find out everything he has in belly.

The sound comes out of this amp is exactly what I was looking for, without even knowing that I was looking for when I started playing it seemed obvious, and now I know that if I changed my amp c ' is the sound I look for.

Basically it's a great big warm kind old vintage amp very imposing.
In any case I use a Cort GB44 with no additional effect and the duo sounds of fire god, add a tambourine behind the groove against time and is already here!

I do not use it for very long, not even a year and opportunities are increasingly rare to enjoy it, but every reunion is a pleasure that I can not live without.

I have not tried any other models before this one so my opinion is probably not very objective, I had basically a small Hartke 30w that I bought with my bass when I started.
One day I wanted to replace him for the next level after a few weeks of research is the Ashdown came out, I tried it and I was hooked.

If I had to start again I would do without hesitation that choice, this amp is a groove generator power!