TC Electronic BG500 - 210
unTIL BEN unTIL BEN

«  Very good »

Publié le 09/03/10 à 14:36
Combo Transistor 500 W
Emulation lamps preamp and amplifier
Compressor SpectraComp
2 hp 10 inch eminence
Tuner
3 presets storable
Headphone and DI
All the buttons are in front, including the adjustment of tweeter. Except the power button.
All information about the TC Electronic website

32 kg, it weighs its weight, some find it too heavy compared to the amps high end brand.
Me it does not bother me. It is almost reassuring.
And it is also less plastic.
Handy handles on the sides (it's better than a handful on top).

Simple setup.
Knob one for the compressor.
Light manual (downloadable from the site) in French.
Its got a very quick, easy and memorable.

Very wide range of sounds obtained from the infrabass that shook the walls, sounds very fat and saturated rocks, through sounds very well defined and precise.
No need to add effect.
500W that leaves come. I play through the volume to 3 with a drummer and a guitarist.
I play mostly pick. The compressor is excellent (it catches up with my game not always perfect when I sing), with moderation.

Used for 3 months.
I tried ampeg (big disappointment, finishing very cheap combos) Markbass (good but no compression and then more expensive) Hartke (I do not know what it's worth Hydrive b100 sound enough but the metal).
I love her.
This is not the sexiest amp, enough in fact happening everywhere (I'm not talking about weight). In any case an exemplary finish. The solid.
Value for money: the quality is there and there are more expensive, so ... that's good.
Anyway I love.