Ampeg SVT-210AV

All user reviews for the Ampeg SVT-210AV

Bass Guitar Speaker from Ampeg belonging to the Classic series.

• MGR/BillyMGR/Billy

Ampeg SVT210AV

Ampeg SVT-210AVPublished on 05/20/11 at 15:00
    This is a new cab put out by Ampeg. 2 10' speakers stacked to look like the infamous Ampeg 8x10 SVT only smaller.

I wanted a bass cab that could rock a small bar gig, yet not be a total buzz kill to carry to my car then later up 2 flights of steps to my apartment. The Answer: The SVT210AV by Ampeg. Normally these are $299 but I bought a scratch and dent model for $220. Once I received I was pleasantly surprised to only find one little dangling string hanging off of the grill. One snip with the scissors and bye bye scratch and dent!

<a href="http://www.guitarvideochannel.com">http://www.guitarvideochannel.com</a>

It is only 30 pounds! I can easily grab the cab with one hand and my b…

It is only 30 pounds! I can easily grab the cab with one hand and my bass with the other. Makes loading and unloading almost too easy. I use the head with my Hartke HA2500 and it is a cookin' rig for a small room. The group I play with is a drummer, guitarist and singer.

If you stack the cab up against a 4x10 you will notice you are lacking the low lows, but hey if I'm DI'ing this rig into a large PA with subs, it doesn't even matter.

Black tolex and silver grill cloth. It's an attractive looking cab. The speakers are built for Ampeg by Eminence. They are rated 200 watts at 8ohms and I think it's a fair rating. I can crank it, yet I know there is a limit to the speakers.

A very handy cabinet for those in between gigs that you don't need a ton of power with. The cabinet has mixed well with all of the heads I have experimented with.