Ampeg SVT-610HLF
Ampeg SVT-610HLF

Bass Guitar Speaker from Ampeg belonging to the Classic series.

Baxter_x Baxter_x
Publié le 07/15/10 à 06:43
I play on a Fender Precision Deluxe V U.S.. So 5 strings, active preamp and a pair of micro precision and a double humbucker Jazz. The head is a SVT4 Ampeg Pro.

I wanted to try this baffle me seemed interresting. More than 8 * 10 compact, lighter but without denying the power and volume.
Moreover, it is equipped with a tweeter. This is very important to me. This allows a very slap slapping and a fairly modern thanks to its side lens developed by the tweeter.

I traded against a 4 * 10 and a SWR bass combo Kempton.

What first struck me about this speaker is its ability to withstand anything. Whatever the frequency and volume, the clip appears only in extreme conditions. (Gain + bass + v)
The second striking thing is the comparison that could make him compared to 8 * 10. Like, "Yeah it's just between a 4 * 10 8 * 10 and what"
Big mistake. 6 * 10 This is extremely particular.

Having already played on a Ampeg 8 * 10, it develops a more "punchy".
But not necessarily more powerful. Over the tweeter, 6 * 10 makes it more modern.

6 * 10 This is my opinion, is quite capable of competing with the 8 * 10 including the major scenes.
The difference is his or is it cumbersome for the powerful product. I've just never heard that! He snores without flinching.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a heavy sound while retaining accuracy and modernity in their sound. Needless to blindly fall back on the 8 * 10 or 3 config type body head +4 * 10 +1 * 15. Get off the beaten path!

Over the 6 * 10 is much more portable and less cumbersome.

I use it now for 2 months. I had another two 4 * 10 SWR. I think I finally found my sound with this cabinet.

Sometimes I think I get one second. But I still reasonable;)