Hartke VX410
Hartke VX410

Bass Guitar Speaker from Hartke belonging to the VX series.

tontonseb tontonseb

«  It looks tough and it sounds good. »

Published on 11/15/11 at 10:40
I will not go the full description: say it is a body with a 4 hp to 10-inch cardboard cone and an acute compression. 400W RMS into 8 ohms. We can not do more classic.

I use it as a second cabinet in place of an Ashdown Mag 410 home, 300 Mag on the head of the same brand. The weight is comparable: the Hartke may be a bit lighter and less deep.

I play mostly rock greasy, although many fast punk and above, but also reggae, ska, rock 60 '...

I know the brand Hartke for playing often on the heads of the series and HA on different speakers, some with the famous hp aluminum cone.

Hartke is a brand that inspires confidence a priori, even if I do not like the sound of heads too HA I find they lack warmth (despite the tube preamp).

Compared to the cabinet Ashdown, the sound seems slightly more neutral, slightly less hot: less rich mid-bass I think. It very well against cash for the bass.

To find "my" sound, just a little tweaking of the equalizer amplifier.

The dynamics is very close to Ashdown. When she came out, the VX series was presented as a product more suited to sound "rock" than the other series aluminum cone. I think it is.

Excellent value for money in my opinion. Approximately € 300 in nine, half in time. It cost quite expensive 6 years ago (about € 500).

The performance is average, the quality of his too, and I paid a good price on occasion.

This is not the stuff of high-end, of course (Ampeg, Markbass, Mesa Boogie, Eden and company). But it looks to me honest and reliable.

I have a model from which the first series, it seems, are much better than the recent (beefier, more efficient ...). So much the better.

Now we must see to wear ...