Peavey 115 BVX
Peavey 115 BVX
MGR/Billy MGR/Billy

« Peavey BVX 115 Cabinet »

Published on 11/27/11 at 15:00
I was looking to build a bullet proof bass rig. I didn't care about looks, weight or portability. I wanted it to rock out every single night of the week.

I bought this 2010 Peavey Cab about 6 months ago on a closeout. It was originally $599 and I got it for $299. Since then I have played a whole mess of gigs with this cabinet.

It is a loud monster and keeps on ticking. The Peavey BVX puts out the power that most dual cabs put out.

It is made in America, how about that, when have you seen a cab this affordable made in the US?

It is a beast. I am going to say the cab weighs a cool 100 pounds. The metal grill on the front rattled a little bit. I unscrewed the grill and put some rubber washers between the grill and the cab. That fixed the problem 100%

It could get hit by a bus and damage the bus! Casters are a must. I put some on where the rubber feet were. Makes moving it bearable.

The 15' ported Black Widow speaker puts out 400 watts at 8 ohms with an 800 watt peak.

The frequency response is a super low 30 hz all the way up to 3.5 khz

If you don't mind the large size of Peavey's BVX 115 it will give you plenty of power, tone and reliability to boot.