DiMarzio DP148 Ultra Jazz Bridge
DiMarzio DP148 Ultra Jazz Bridge

DP148 Ultra Jazz Bridge, Bass Pickup from DiMarzio in the Standard Bass series.

lowweek 10/13/2003

DiMarzio DP148 Ultra Jazz Bridge : lowweek's user review

APRS one week of use, replacing the original pickups mexico JazzBass of 1998, here is my opinion on the UltraJazz (neck + bridge).

I did the replacement myself Likewise, the cablge is very simple and microphones come with an instruction prcise trs (but in English). Note the possibility to mount the microphones in humbucking parallle or SERIES or to link a switch (DiMarzio still quite Vasif this possibility, and most users will remain on the cablge s Classic Series).
Because of its design, the background noise has normment decline and the level has really increased.
The sound is much larger and certainly more difficult than controlling my old microphones. The bass is deep and trs ring of hell. The mdium and treble are prcis trs. The sustain is great, you sound CONTRL!
Involved finger at mdiator or slap, the sound is much more s'insre DEFINITIONS and much better in the mix. Attention to slap o levels are trs ncessitent levs and a compressor.
Do not look far hsiter combinations with volume and tone: rglages these are much more effective than traditional microphones.
Who advise these microphones? I think everyone can draw one benefitted from mtal jazz. It's true that in jazz, we take plutt of Vintage ...

My config: JazzBass Mexico 98, set UltraJazz DiMarzio, pramp Tech21 BassDriver, Fender bass amp or PA system. Testing costs is to console hi-tech headphones and live situation (rpt and concert).