Sample Magic: The Producer's Manual by Paul White
Sound On Sound editor Paul White introduces this guide to recording and mixing in the project studio.
Featuring about 350 colour pages with techniques, practical photos, detailed illustrations and walkthroughs, The Producer's Manual is designed to bring together what you need to take a mix from initial recording to final master, including:
- What you need for recordings: from vocals and drums to guitars, bands and acoustic instruments. How to choose the right mic, review classic recording techniques, learn how to tame spill and "get the most from performers."
- 101-style guides to dynamics and compression, reverb, pitch correction, studio acoustics, monitoring and more.
- Theory backed by practical various aspects from EQ through mixdown approaches to classic hardware.
- How to master your own material when the budget doesn't stretch to professional mastering.
Pricing & Availability:
The Producer's Manual is available from www.samplemagic.com for £29.95.
Further details and example spreads can also be downloaded.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Plughugger Supercharg3r for Prophet V Plughugger has released Supercharg3r, a new sound expansion for Arturia's Prophet Vsynthesizer.
- Faber SignalScope Pro 2.0 for iOS Faber Acoustical has announced that SignalScope Pro now comes in a version for iPad users with native iPad support.
- Brain Control Tunefish v3.1 Beta Brain Control has announced the release of a beta version of Tunefish version 3.1, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows.