Agrandir

All user reviews for the Roxio Toast Titanium 6

• moosersmoosers

Roxio Toast Titanium 6Published on 12/17/10 at 15:20
    Roxio's Toast Titanium 6 is software designed for CD and DVD burning. This is an older version of the software, but we still have this version at the studio where I'm working and don't think we have a need to upgrade any time soon. I've used newer versions of the software, but only up to 8 and I believe there's now a Toast Titanium 10. I wasn't the one to install this as I'm sure they've had this particular version for a few years now. It's really not a hard piece of software to use as I found everything to be more or less self explanatory, although it's worth noting that I've used other versions of this software in the past. Either way, I don't think there's much of a learning curve when it comes to this software in general. I haven't had a need to look at the manual for this software nor do I think doing so will be necessary.

We've got Roxio Toast Titanium 6 running on almost all of our systems at the studio where I work, but the main room is primarily where I've used it. I don't think anyone should be encountering performance issues, although you may be limited on how quickly you can burn DVD's and CD's depending on your system and burner. We've got a Mac Pro desktop with dual 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon processors and 10 GB of RAM, which is more than enough to support burning at the highest level.

While there's a much newer version of Toast in Toast Titanium 10, I find that Roxio Toast Titanium 6 does the job just as well as any version I've used. I haven't used the newest one and I'm sure there are some added features, but for basic CD and DVD burning, Toast 6 is in depth enough for everything that I need to do, and judging from the fact we haven't upgraded here at the studio, it seems to be enough for everyone here. I don't know if you could get a used version of Toast 6, but it might be looking into getting an older version like this one if you're just wanting to do simple burning and want to save a few bucks...