Kenwood DPF-2030
Kenwood DPF-2030
litho litho
Publié le 07/27/07 à 14:34
First, present the original drive.
Original by the shape of the case, I've never seen so much. Finally a manufacturer who understands that the CD must be installed in other equipment. A real place my shelf tuner (a Kenwood KT-990D) is slightly smaller then the amp which can then release its heat without risk to other devices.
But originality does not stop there. It is the high end Kenwood, also here are the basics such as the headphone output, the traditional control functions, an optical output for the purists. No, it requires high-end features not found elsewhere as the search for the maximum level on the CD. Once found, the song a few seconds is repeated indefinitely so as to adjust your chain off saturation. Valued primarily for tape recording, this feature is rare.
The construction is simple, analog supply, the audio well separated from the display on the back of the unit. Single-layer circuit, manual assembly of components (probably a Japanese-made). CMS integrated circuits mounted on the copper side. Electronics manufacturing luxurious probably explains the results.

Listening is very nice, detailed, even on the spectrum.
My reference is a little better on the separation of sounds and clarity overall.
Compare Luxman made on digital input and speaker Martin, we can compare the conversion of the CD and that of Luxman.
I have found so far only one player in my collection that takes the comparison, a rare player Luxman Duo Beta which the audio is from the same lab as the amp design.
Honestly, the difference is minimal, we have an excellent electronic operational amplifier and output stage transistors and discrete components.
Note a pair of outputs for chaining SL16 remote control with compatible hardware. An often overlooked feature that can control a set with one remote. And the arm of my turntable is positioned on the disk when I select the phono input on the amp.
I have unfortunately not the remote control CD player and my amp is compatible. I use it without problem on my Yamaha Amp programmable.
The mechanics are flawless, very quiet, she reads the burned CDs without problems.

Likes:
The sleek design and profile
The perfect sound
The playback quality of burned CDs
The depth of the box for the correct stacking
The blue display clear and detailed the most beautiful effect

I dislike:
The headphone jack that spoils a little design but surely receives all forms of big jacks saw its release.
The Chaining remote SL16 as my Kenwood amp is incompatible XS. While on the remote control of the Kenwood CD receiver also, but not this one.

I bought this CD originally to pair with my Kenwood amp, not because of the remote but no regrets, the quality was at the meeting. I have a Kenwood amp running with a player and a player Kenwood Luxman who walks with a Luxman amp.
If I had known for remotes, I would have missed an excellent choice.
Excellent value for money, and indefatigable building prices very affordable opportunity for real Hi-Fi